Wednesday 26 August 2015

Summer & You (Stuck?! Sketches)

Hello!  Spring is nearly here and I'm so excited!  The nights are starting to stay light for longer, and today Brielle and I even dug up some of the garden!  She helped me with a little spade.

Today I'm sharing a layout I made for the latest sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches.  I've said it so many times, but Laura's sketches are so much fun, and I'm always inspired when I use them.  This one was no exception, and I took the opportunity to make my final layout with my July Hip Kit.  I had to pull in some extras, including the gorgeous black and white floral from Studio Calico.  This is all i had left of it, and I'd been hoarding it in my scrap bag for the perfect layout!

This layout features my beautiful Azaria at the Queenstown Gardens earlier in the year.  I just love that its a side profile of her looking at the pond with Sam.  I kept this layout very simple to focus on the photo and the floral paper.


This layout was also my last opportunity to use that beautiful ampersand.


I put Azaria's initials on the corner of the photo, and under it I added a feather that I cut with my Cuttlebug on adhesive woodgrain paper.


And here is the sketch:


Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

  1. yay for spring coming!! LOVE those bold pops of color on your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page. The stitching is great, the doily, the sequins....beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So fantastic, love the colour sand layers and the black and white pattern is so amazing! Thanks for joining us Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout!! I love the bright colours contrasting with the black and white! Love that gold ampersand too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete