Tuesday 25 August 2015

Hugs with Missy (Sketchabilities)

Good evening, I've been scrapping but have been so busy to post on here!  Today I'm sharing a layout I made for the latest sketch over at Sketchabilities, and once again I loved the sketch inspiration.  I used my July Hip Kit (which I officially finished using today) and extra pieces from my stash, and scrapped a photo of Brielle with her Auntie Missy.  

I decided to play with mixed media for this one and used the packaging technique with water colour paints, texture paste through my favourite stencil (triangles from Happy Scatter), and finally India ink.  I cut the frame around my photo with a new die that I got from The Warehouse.  


Heres a close up of my banners and layered frames.  I loved adding texture with the white thread.


The yellow tag is from my stash, and I got so much satisfaction in using it up!


A close up of the cluster I created at the top left corner.  The cork hearts are from my June kit, and I love that they can mix into this layout.


Here is the awesome sketch, and once again I loved it so much that I stayed true to it:


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet !!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Love this details!! thanks for joining with us at Sketchabilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, Congratulations, you have been chosen as one of the three of the random winners of the current sponsor giveaway, please email me at sketchabilities@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work, so soft and elegant! thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete