Monday 17 August 2015

Father & Son (Child Free Friday #8)

Good morning!  I'm getting excited here because its nearly Spring, which has got to be one of my favourite months of the year.  I had my 8th Child Free Friday video up on Saturday (I was late).  It's another wedding reception photo, and features my Father-in-Law and his Dad.  

I had found an old partially used Paper Bakery kit when I was tidying up my scrap space.  Its a spring themed kit, and I probably didn't use it because it would have been Autumn her in NZ.  I added some extra embellishments.  Because my photo was so dark the kit was perfect and I played with mixed media (water colours, texture paste and ink).  I wanted to feature my favourite paper in the kit behind my photo, so kept it big.  I used an Authentique ledger paper for my background.


I even stamped my title with some new letter stamps from The Warehouse (NZ), they were literally about $7 and stamp like a dream!  The ampersand is from an old Studio Calico stamp set.


I placed the Elle's Studio cut-aparts down the side and machine stitched them  down.  I popped up the right side of each with pop dots.  


Here is my process video:


I hope you enjoyed.  I'll be back later today!

1 comment:

  1. such a cool page, those colors are perfect and love the triangles!!!!

    ReplyDelete