Thursday 23 July 2015

Summer Fun (Sketchabilities)

Hello!  I'm playing along with the Sketch 143, the latest challenge over at Sketchabilities again today.  I just love their sketches, and this week I've cracked into my June Hip Kit!  Yay!  I'm getting there and am currently up to my third layout.  I'm attempting to get caught up so that when the gorgeous August kit arrives I'll be ready to use it straight away.

I decided to scrap this summer photo of Azaria.  She is such a summer girl, loves being outside under the sprinkler or playing with the hose on the trampoline.

Once again this sketch called for lots of layering, which of course I love!  We had the Crate Paper Poolside Ephemera pack which has lots of summery pieces.  I'm really  loving splattering with my watercolours, and I choose my colours from that multi stripe tag.


I layered up two frames that I cut in half to make them go further.  I made the epoxy flowers by punching patterned paper and a clear epoxy sticker.


The Summer Fun die cut serves as a title and directional piece for my journalling.


I made my top cluster by layering the sun die cut, a tag, punched scallop borer, wood veneer and wood epoxy button.


Here is the fantastic sketch:


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Melissa, such a fun layout with great paper and embellishment selections, thank you for joining us at Sketchabilities :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool LO!!!! amazing take on our's sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your design and wondreful layers. thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilites.

    ReplyDelete