Tuesday 28 July 2015

Focusing on Hand Stitching with Fly Free (Artfull Crafts)

Hello!  Things have been so busy with work for me at them moment!  I was up on the Artfull Crafts blog on Saturday with two more layouts made with Kaisercraft's new Fly Free collection.  After going minimal with my previous layout (here) I decided to go bold and bright and bring in some mixed media.  I also decided to focus on hand stitching, as I'm making an effort to use my tools and items in my stash that will never run out.  I used what I believe are the first Amy Tangerine Stitching Templates.

My first layout features a background paper that has a lot going on!  I just added my photo (with a stitched heart), a cut apart, and some minimal embellishment.  I added water colour spatters in the background, and stitched a scallop border under the cut apart.  The photo is of Brielle and I when she was only 6 weeks old at the jetty at Jacks Point.


I added my scallop border hand stitching, and then water coloured it for interest.


A close up of my journaling and splatters.


My second layout is about Brielle's love for Sam.  She loves to say "ahhh" when she gives cuddles, and one night I told her to "ahhh for Sam".  She immediately did her side hug with her head.  I started this layout by creating a 12 x 12 with the two background papers, and then applied gesso with my finger in the area where my photos would go.  I then did the packaging technique and splattered with my water colours.  I stitched my title and a border below my photos.  


I originally thought these photos would be difficult to scrap because they were taken at night, and because of the colour of their pjs, but this collection was perfect.


Another hand stitched border!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment