Thursday 23 October 2014

Two More September Hip Kit Layouts

Hello, well today I have two more layouts that I made with my September Hip Kit.  Both of these layouts are about Sam, as I've realised that his albums are often neglected because I tend to favour girly products (especially patterned paper).  The September Hip Kit was perfect for boy and girl layouts, with more masculine papers.

Sam had a lot of input into these layouts, telling me to scrapbook both photos for him!  I love that at 7 he has an interest in his memories being recorded.

During the school holidays we had a big clean out and room shuffle.  In the process I found lots of photos, including this cute one of Sam when he was about 2.  He told me to call the page "Little Little Boy" and then I journaled about finding the photo this year, looking back.  He was soooo adorable!  I really wanted to feature both patterned papers, and that teal diamond pattern is my favourite of all in my kit.  I used gelatos for the first time, and used the gold one under my paper layers.


The second layout is an Instax photo that was taken in our local Cookie Time shop, which is basically a shop selling big biscuits.  Last year Sam had a photo in a race car, and was given the photo.  He asked me to scrap it, and also told me the journaling he wanted.  The quality of the photo isn't great as its really dark, and because its so small I scrapped it on an A4 piece of Stampin' Up cardstock.  I used the gelatos and stamps on this one.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. my girls albums seem to be fuller than my sons too!!! LOVE both your pages, all the fun teal on the page and just LOVE paint strips and triangles on the second page!!! super cool design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the Kit to create a masculine look on your pages, Melissa! And the triangle stamping on your second layout is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete