Monday 20 October 2014

5 Today (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello hello!  It's the third week reveal over at Lets Get Sketchy, and hard to believe that its only 9 weeks until Christmas!

This week we had an awesome sketch by the very talented Bev Code.  I used my August Hip Kit, and got to use gelatos for the very first time - lots of fun!  I scrapped photos of Sam and Azaria I took on the morning of Azaria's 5th birthday (and yes Sam is pulling a funny face again!).  I used the pink gelato to highlight certain phrases on the background paper (much like the paper that comes in Maggie Holme's new collection Open Book).  The small pieces of ephemera are left over from my July Hip Kit and are from Crate Paper's Open Road collection.  This kit also has gorgeous Teresa Collins chipboard, and the metallic My Minds Eye hearts, arrows and stars are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  They are heavy and add such awesome texture!


Here is the sketch.  There a lots of options with this one, you could follow it exactly, or use it as a starting point like I did.  I love what the other design team ladies did, so make sure you check out the blog.


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet page. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Melissa - love all the embellishing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh super sweet, love the top and bottom strips on the page, great job highlighting the phrases!! such a lil cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Melissa!! I love the text paper for your background and the cute clusters you created!!

    ReplyDelete