Thursday 28 August 2014

Scrap Stash Kit Club

Recently I joined the Scrap Stash Kit Club which I found out about when I joined the nicolejones911 group on Facebook.  The idea is that you make a homemade kit out of your own stash based on the colours that Margareta pulls, and then create pages with it.  This month the kit is called "Surf's Up", and is full of blue, yellow and teal.


The good thing about pulling from your own stash is that you get to use up (finally) old product!

So here are some photos of my kit, and as you can see I pulled a heap, but as I joined part way through the month, I'm only going to make pages until the September kit is revealed, as I also have my Hip Kit and other commitments for Artfull Crafts (with specific product).


Here is the first page I made, all about Sam telling his class the big news about his new baby sister, who we brought along for the news!  I realised that once again I forgot to put the date on.  The photos were taken in May when Brielle was only about 3-4 weeks old.


And here is another page, this time based on this weeks sketch over at Lets Get Sketchy.  It's not Team A's turn to reveal this week, but I loved the sketch so decided to play along again.  This page is  of Brielle at 5 days old, in the sun for mild jaundice.  I love the words on the title, as they speak out what we want her to be.  Such a sweet wee button, so small and not chubby like she is now!


And a close up.  I'd been saving this title cut apart card for the perfect title for a long time!


And here is the awesome sketch by Bev Code:


I'm loving making a home made kit, I've got several other pages to share, and best of all I'm using up old product!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. what a cool idea to make your own kit!!! LOVE both your pages, all the blues on the top one and the two frames on the bottom one!!! she is sooo lil there!!! cuteness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layouts - and a great show and tell subject! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Melissa! Love the colors and frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun idea! Love the Kit you put together Melissa, and the awesome layouts you put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the frames around your photos, what a cool idea on how to use your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so precious! Love the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling page Melissa, great use of stash, your framing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you decided to play along on your "off" week. This layout is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly! Look at you go! these are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG super cute photos.. great layers and fun take on the LGS sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute layouts Melissa and such an adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete