Monday 7 July 2014

Clean and Simple Layouts

Hello, I'm happy to report that I've used up my May Hip Kit!  Its always such an accomplishment to kill a kit, I just have some scraps of paper and embellishments left.  I've got a large plastic box to keep my leftover embellishments in, and will use them on future layouts.

I made a couple of quick clean and simple layouts, which provide breathing space (a Shimelle term for these types of layouts) in my albums.

The first layout is the first cuddles that my Mother in Law had of Brielle.  She looked after Sam and Azaria, and they came to visit us on the second day.  We live 3 hours from the city where Brielle was born, and I didn't want my older two kids to see me in bed straight after the surgery, as Azaria had struggled with me being in hospital at the beginning of the pregnancy.  

For this layout I cut some banners and placed the photo on top.  I even cut the Amy Tangerine "Hello There" into a banner, and used it as my title.  I used up lots of the Basic Grey Snippets pad on this one.  I just realised that I hadn't finished putting "First Hugs" on the photo with letter stickers!  I'll do this before the layout goes into Brielle's album.


The second layout is my favourite of the two, I love the Pink Paislee patterned paper, and I adore the photo I took of Brielle's legs.  Lamington Socks are only the best baby socks in the world!  They are NZ made, and are merino and stay up! There is nothing worse than baby socks that come off, especially in our harsh winters.

I love hello and pink together, and I kept this one really simple with just a little layering.  The focus really is on the photo and that yummy paper!


I hope you enjoyed these layouts!

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

  1. way to go on using the whole kit!!!! great job, love both pages, the corners and pennants on the top page, and fun colors on the second page, plus LOVE the socks!!!!

    ReplyDelete