Friday 2 May 2014

Lets Get Sketchy "Inspired Magazine" Issue 3 - May 2014

Hello, well I'm so excited to announce that the third Lets Get Sketchy magazine is live here.  Brenshevia and Laura have done an amazing job again!

I have three layouts published this time. The brief for this first layout was to use twine.  I wanted to try something different, and was eager to use Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, so I punched circles and butterflies and tied my twine on the butterflies.  This photo was taken during my nesting phase when I washed all the newborn baby clothes in preparation, and I just adore it against the blue sky.  It's hard to believe that Brielle is here now, and she is so little that she swims in that hat and all the newborn clothes!


Some close ups:



The design brief for the second layout was Summer or Spring.  This Instagram photo that I took at the wedding rehearsal for my friend's was perfect.  Shaun and I were singing at their wedding, and the location was so breath taking that of course I had to take some photos.  I used a Paper Bakery Kit for this one, and my journalling is hidden in the pocket.


A close up of the fun elements:


The final design brief that I created a layout for was to use Echo Park Paper products.  I used the Beautiful Life Collection, which is lovely and girly, so of course I had to scrap Azaria.  I started with the 4 x 6 card, and the rest of the layout flowed from there.  I used some modelling paste mixed with white acrylic paint to add some texture to the background, and also added a doily. Very minimal patterned paper on this one, I decided to mainly work with the sticker sheet and cut apart sheet.


A close up of my texture and journalling:


Thanks for looking.  Make sure you check out the magazine, it is so beautiful.
Melissa x

2 comments:

  1. way to go just LOVE your pages!!! the twine on the butterflies is super clever!!! such a fun summer page and love the dots on your EP background page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Melissa! Love all three, and the butterflies with the twine on the first layout are so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete