Monday 16 September 2013

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction (Use Your Words)

Its time for our second reveal for September over at Use Your Words Challenge Blog!  For this reveal our word was SWEET, and when I think of this word, aside from thinking of my kids (most of the time), I think of baking.  This word was the perfect opportunity to get these baking photos scrapped.



Because I had 4 photos I knew I wanted to do some kind of grid design.  I was inspired by Maggie Holmes on this one, as she is very good at doing a loose grid design that still enables layering papers.  I started by machine stitching borders for the photos on each of the papers I chose, then I embellished them and layered them.  I used an older Studio Calico kit that I've been hoarding, and the only addition from my stash were the pink washi tape and the Basic Grey acetate letters, which I love!

Some close-ups:



Thanks for looking.  Make sure you head over to the blog to check out how the rest of the DT were inspired, and I can't wait to see what you make and link up!

Be blessed
Melissa x

3 comments:

  1. Really cute Melissa!! Love the awesome grid design, and the different patterned papers you used as mats behind your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout Melissa! Love the grid design! Such cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and sweet photos :)

    ReplyDelete