Saturday 27 July 2013

One Reason I Love Being A Scrapbooker

Well there are lots of reasons I love being a scrapbooker (lovely paper being the main reason), but the reason I want to share today is convenience.  Now that may seem like a strange topic to be writing about when it comes to scrapbooking, but I have the perfect example.  

A few weeks ago Azaria had two parties to go to on a Saturday morning.  Both were princess-themed 4 year old girl parties, and they started at 10 am and 12 pm, respectively.  This meant that while Shaun took Sam to his last rugby game of the season, I was going to be surrounded by darling princesses (and a handful of princes) for 5 hours!

Azaria and I had gone shopping the day before, and purchased Twilight Sparkle and Apple Jack (My Little Ponies) for the birthday girls.  I always keep two rolls of paper in my cupboard, one for girls and the other for boys.  So after we wrapped the presents I had to whip up two girly cards in about 5 minutes, and this is what I came up with:



Now they aren't perfect or elaborate, they are pretty much chipboard stickers and stamping (even a little crooked) on card stock.  However, they are entirely suitable for a 4 year old girl, and far more affordable than the $12 that it would have cost to buy two cards!

Have a great weekend!
Melissa x


No comments:

Post a Comment