Friday 12 July 2013

Escape to the Lake (Crate Paper)

Last month I entered the Crate Paper June Creative Challenge Weekly.  As you probably know, I just adore Crate products, especially their eclectic mix of vintage ephemera, and distressed paper.  

The June challenge was to create a project with poka dots.  Lately when I think of dots I think of bokeh. I cut one of the CP frames to have my gold sequins escape into a sky of bokeh.  I layered velum dots over my paterned paper dots to create the bokeh effect.  This layout is about our summer escape to camp at Lake Aviemore, and features my daughter.  I love that she is unaware that I was taking her photo.

 I was so excited to check their blog  today to find out that I was a runner up!!  Here is my layout:



I used a mix of the Maggie Holmes, DIY Shop and Fourteen collections.  I used a DIY Shop photo overlay on my photo to give it an Instagram look.  Additions were the lovely Heidi Swapp Letters, and a Pink Paislee heart which I painted gold, and gold sequins.

Thanks for looking
Melissa x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your page. What a creative thing to do to the frame! your colors are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete