Tuesday 14 May 2013

My Scrappy Challenge

This week I set myself a challenge to use up the what was left of my "Front Row" Kit from Studio Calico.  As these kits are so precious to me (as are all supplies that I buy) I decided to push myself to see just how much I could create from what I had left.  Here are the remaining supplies:



First I created a layout, and I put my journaling inside the glassine bag that contained the labels.  I added the yellow cardstock, as I had none left, and no full pieces of paper.  Although the photo is my daughter in the swing when she was a toddler, the journaling tells the story of the swing, and how it used to be hanging inside off an exposed beam in our previous house, and how we hung it outside under the verandah when we moved to our current house.  This photo is another taken by Mum.


As I didn't really have enough paper to make another layout, I decided to see how many cards I could make from the scraps, and was thrilled to create the following five masculine cards!  I always find guy-style cards a challenge, but the colours and embellishments drove my creativity.  We are in the midst of Autumn nearly Winter here, so it was hard to get photos without shadows.


I also made the following landscape cards.


My favourite is the "Happy Day" card, and I loved placing the banners under the vellum on the "4 U".  I used my sewing machine on all of these cards, its my favourite technique, and results in very minimal adhesive.

And these are the scraps that I had left (light was quickly fading so really not a good photo).


There is certainly a lot of satisfaction from using a kit to the very end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment