Thursday 12 May 2016

[Inter]National Scrapbooking Day (Clique Kits)

Hello again, three days in a row I know!!  Last weekend was International Scrapbooking Day, and now that I'm getting caught up with my blog I'm ready to show you what I made for the day.  I was involved in the Scrap Your Heart Out DT challenges for Clique Kits, and a YouTube Hop organised by the wonderful Erica Thompson.

My layout for the CK DT challenge was to scrap about Things That Annoy You.  It was a potentially tricky subject for me, because I could quite easily go into "complaining mode", but instead I focussed on my word for the year "Grateful", and made sure that even though I was complaining, I finished up by talking about the positive.  My layout is about the current illness I've been suffering, and its very journaling heavy - which is why I utilised computer printed journaling.  I used Pink Fresh Studio's "Felicity" collection, which I thought was the perfect juxtaposition because I was journalling about something difficult, but the collection is so pretty and happy.


For my video, I also used the Felicity collection, but this time made a reflective layout about being a mum, using an older photo of Sam and I.  I focussed on hand stitching with minimal embellishment around the photo.


I used all of the colours of vellum letter stickers for my title.


Love this sweet photo of Sam when he was about 3 months old.


I embellished the streamers that were printed on the paper with hand stitching, wood veneer, and the gorgeous puffy sequins (both from the collection).


You can watch my video below.


I didn't get any scrappy time in during the weekend because my parents were visiting, and I still wasn't feeling well, but I did get one layout made on Monday, which was technically still Sunday in the States!  Does that count?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment