Monday 7 March 2016

Focusing on Cut Files (Clique Kits)

Hello!  Today I have two layouts to share with you that I made with my February Clique Kit "Hot Mess", featuring Maggie Holme's Shine collection.  I'd had a request from one of my YouTube subscribers to make a boy layout, and the zebra cut file was the perfect opportunity to scrap two photos of Sam.

For my first layout I took the zebra patterned cut file and mirrored it to the right, and then below.  I backed it with some paper from the 6x6 paper pad.  Its very full on, but Sam loves it and I'm happy with how it turned out.


A cluster of embellishments and journalling.


I tucked some ephemera and cut aparts behind my photo.


My second layout features a big version of my favourite cut file this month, the geometric heart.  I snapped an older photo of Azaria 4 years ago at Arrowtown Autumn Festival.


As always I loved all the gold elements in the Shine collection, and I had to get the chipboard add on!


Lots of layers under my photo, and the heart cut file left plain except for machine stitching around the edge.


Here is my process video (its a double because both layouts are in there):



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment