Saturday 26 September 2015

Noteworthy (Stuck?! Sketches)

Hello!  I'm back again today, this time to share a layout I made for the latest sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches.  I've been super busy with work this week, so I've been a bit slow to get this layout made!  I decided it was time to use my homemade kit that I made for Sam's 8 year old birthday photos, and this sketch was perfect!

I started with this October Afternoon Sasparilla woodgrain paper for my background. I thought it worked nicely with the wooden furniture in the background of my photos of Sam opening his presents.  It is truly one of the most amazing woodgrain papers, it is so realistic!  Even Sam was commenting on it, he though it was a photo!

I built my layers very true to the sketch, and was able to use up some really old papers and stickers!  The products are a mix of October Afternoon, Studio Calico, Basic Grey, Elles Studio and Eco Park.


A close up of my left cluster, with a mix of paper and stickers!


I fishtailed two scraps of paper, and popped up the title sticker with dimensional adhesive.


I used the blue letter stickers to spell out his name, and to cover up part of a word on the underlying paper.


And here is Laura's amazing sketch:


I had so much fun with this sketch.  Thanks so much for looking!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh your page is amazing!! LOVE the woodgrain and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your woodgrain background! The details just pop off the page! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, fabulous layers and a great homemade kit! I will have to try that sometime! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete