Tuesday 19 May 2015

Baby Curls (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello again.  Today I'm back with the third reveal for May over at Lets Get Sketchy, and this week we have an awesome sketch by Jenessa Franco.  This sketch was my kind of sketch, a tab, lots of strips of paper, and room to play!

I used my March Hip Kit (which I'm frantically trying to use up), and started with my favourite paper in the entire kit (Crate Paper Craft Market) as almost a whole background.  I used a technique that I've learnt from the super talented Missy Whidden, which is to apply gesso with your finger - which creates a thinner layer than a credit card or brush and is very soft on a full-on background.  It also allows ink or paint to be applied, and I used the beloved packaging technique!

I was going through some older photos on Friday, and I came across photos that my Mum-in-law had taken of us having a turn on my sister-in-laws scooter, which at the time was new.    On the edge of one of the photos (all 4x6) was a super cute little Azaria (aged about 3 I think) with the sweetest little curls, and me bending over to pick her up.  A second photo had her and Sam on the edge.  So out came my paper trimmer and I cut them down to 3x2.  They were perfect for this sketch!


I have a thing for bows at the moment, and I made this one with my Couture Creations die and my Cuttlebug.  Love how it turned out, and I cut it from the same paper as the tab (which I also made with a die).  I'd been hanging onto the "you have my heart" chipboard and it was perfect for this layout.


The "Love" cut is another die, this time Paper Smooches.  Because I had no date from these photos, and because my journalling is reflective and written from today, the date I used is the date the layout was created.


The flower chipboard is very "hoardable" (if thats not a word it should be!), and I'm very proud of myself to get it down on the page! Ha!


And of course I'm still crushing on those mini word stickers from Crate Paper Craft Market.  I added the teal enamel dots from my stash of previous Hip Kits - I keep them all together and pull them out when I need a little bit more.


And here is the sketch, make sure you play along as its a good one (they all are)!



Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how this page turned out, super amazing and just LOVE seeing your style in action!!! love the fun bow and messy background work!!!

    ReplyDelete