Monday 9 June 2014

Two layouts to share

Hello!  I'm just popping in quickly to share two layouts I made with a Paper Bakery Kit.  These were mostly made with leftovers, and I love how they came together.

The first layout is the first photo of my three babies together in the hospital, when they first met Brielle.  Its a shame that Azaria has her eyes closed, but it's such a scrap-worthy moment.  I believe that the memories are often more important than the photos, and just because a photo isn't perfect, it still should be scrapped.


I love the Simple Stories chipboards in the kit:


The gold starbursts were created with the exclusive stencil in the kit.


The second layout is about our Midwife at hospital, Catlin.  Because I had to have a C Section, I had to travel two hours to our Region's base hospital.  Catlin was the midwife that attended the birth, and she was fantastic.  The measuring tape is the real tape that was used to measure Brielle's head:


I love that the Amy Tangerine paper has watercolour features on it.


I fussy cut the flowers out of the paper, and then layered them, some with dimensional adhesive.


Thanks for looking
Melissa :)

5 comments:

  1. both pages are amazing!!! LOVE LOVE the alphas on the top page and great photo of the kids all together and love the pop of gold!! and great color mix on the 2nd one and love the flowers peaking out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely layouts Melissa. :) I agree that sometimes photos are not perfect but are totally scrap-worthy. Love the photo of the three kids..what a sweet and tender moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages Melissa!! I think the photo on the first layout is perfect, even with the closed eyes...sometimes you just have to go with it!! :) And great idea using the measuring tape on your second page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh, those pictures are just too too precious. Those are seriously the best moments. :)
    Love the little bits you add to your pages... like the wood tab on the top page, and the sprinkles and bits around the page on the second layout. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such precious photo's and an amazing layout! You are blessed

    ReplyDelete