Friday 7 February 2014

Good morning, well Summer has finally arrived here in Queenstown, which everyone is happy about!  This month Liz from Artfull Crafts gave me some of the beautiful Telegraph Road to create with, which is described as "the perfect mix of adult sophistication, bright playful colours and vintage throwbacks."   It is such a lovely collection and it was so easy to make the following two layouts.

The first layout records our family memory of attending the Anzac Day parade in Arrowtown last year.  I printed out these Instagram photos months ago, but struggled to find the right product to use to record them.  Telegraph Road was perfect.  I spread started with some gesso, and then used some watered down ink to run down the page, and finished my base with some spatters of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine.  Next I sewed on the large piece of patterned paper, and then layered up the cut apart cards and die cuts.




For my second layout I wanted to feature as many of the patterned papers from the 6 x 6 paper pad as possible, so I tore them into strips and layered them up horizontally down my page.  I sewed each strip down.  The page came together really quickly after my base was made, with more gesso, ink splatters, and layering my photos over two doilies and some die cuts.  I journalled on a tag, placed it on dimensional adhesive, and then added the two heart brads, and the die cut off the side.  These are really old photos of my family when there were just three of us!  The first photo is a selfie, as evident by the cutting off of our faces, but I just love it!



Thanks for looking.  You can purchase the Telegraph Road collection in the Artfull Crafts online shop here.

Enjoy your day
Melissa x

3 comments: