Monday 1 July 2013

Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges - First Official Challenge!!!

I'm so excited to be a part of the new challenge site Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges!  The Design Team is thrilled to bring you the first official challenge, which is to be inspired by this US Independence Day image:


I was inspired by the sunburst chevrons, and it immediately made me think of the chevron arrows paper from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm.  I was also inspired by the stars, so had to use the constellation paper from the same line.  I snapped this photo of my kids playing in the snow a couple of weeks ago, and I think that the arrows work really well with Lucky Charm.  I fussy cut the arrows, sewed them onto my page, and then bent the edges up.  I love the movement that they give the page!  Some layering, a sprinkling of sequins (like snowflakes) those yummy pink sugary thickers,  and a triangle on the bottom right corner to anchor my page, and I was done! 


I can't wait to how the image inspires you!  Make sure you link up this month, follow the instructions on how to play on the site, and you'll be in to win an awesome prize!

3 comments:

  1. The chevrons really jumped out at me too in the inspiration piece and you incorporated them in such a cool way! I also love the frame you created around your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this is fantastic! I love the arrows! What an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! i really, really love those arrows!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete