Friday 31 May 2013

Inspired by . . .

Like most scrapbookers who love the online world of our hobby, I enjoy looking online at blogs and Pinterest for inspiration.  I just found a really interesting new challenge site called ScrapStuffz "Inspired by" Challenges.  This blog has only just started and they are looking for a Design Team, so I've decided to have a go!

The challenge was to be inspired by the following three blocks:


And this is my layout of one of the games at Azaria's 3rd birthday party last year:





I was inspired by the delicious colour palette of green, pink and blue, and thought it worked really well with October Afternoon's "Cakewalk", and these new Crate Paper frames from "The Pier".  I added in some Stampin' Up ribbon (which I gathered with my sewing machine), some blue patterned paper, then my usual machine sewing, distressing of edges and ink splatters.  The chipboard stars were inspired by the pink star block.

Thanks for looking
Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment